HCI Healthcare Limited (formerly known as Healthcare International Limited) is a Health Maintenance Organisation (HMO) incorporated in 1997 and licensed by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) to provide quality and affordable managed care services to various strata of the Nigerian population. We are owned by some of the leading insurance companies in Nigeria namely: AIICO Insurance Plc, Cosmic Insurance Brokers, Custodian & Allied Insurance Plc, Femi Johnson & Co., Lasaco Assurance Plc, NICON Insurance Corporation, Niger Insurance Plc, and OMIS Investment Ltd.
HCI Healthcare Limited was conceived out of patriotic concern for the millions of Nigerians who lacked access to affordable health services coupled with the inherent challenges facing both hospitals and companies providing medical services to employees under the platform of retainer-ship arrangement. The objective at HCI Healthcare Limited was to create a system that would address the pathetic circumstance and thus improve the health status of Nigerians in the process.
In 1999, the Company, HCI Healthcare Limited, commenced full operation and in the same year the NHIS Act was signed into law and we were among the first batch of eight HMOs accredited to kick-off the Formal Sector programme of the Federal Government under which we manage about 24 government ministries and parastatals some of which include Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), and some Federal Medical Centres (FMCs) across the country.
The vision of HCI Healthcare is to be the best health maintenance organisation (HMO) in Africa delivering quality healthcare services efficiently to meet the need of our subscribers and healthcare providers.
Why choose HCI Healthcare Limited
What sets us apart from the competition is that we’re passionate about the products/services.
- Wide network of hospitals nationwide
- Cordial relationship with our network of hospitals to ensure quality care is maintained
- We (HCI Healthcare Limited) Prompt payment to hospitals
- Robust health plans and benefits tailored to suit every medical requirement. We have plans that are suitable for Corporate
- Organisations, Retail, Individuals and Families, Informal Sector Groups, Senior Citizen (The Elderly), Schools,
- International Travellers and also for Critically ill persons. These are all available at affordable rates
- 24 hours Call Centre Services with well-trained medical professionals and guaranteed prompt response by our courteous
- Customer Service Team.
- Flexible payment plans tailored to meet the needs of each client.
- Easy access to care outside your primary location
- Regular hospital and client interactive sessions to improve the knowledge of the scheme and get feedback on areas that need improvement.
- Very interactive social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
We (HCI Healthcare Limited) have since grown in leaps and bounds as we now provide services to about 450 private companies and 500,000 members drawn from various sectors of the Nigerian economy and enrolled under our various Private Health Insurance Plans. These services are through over 3,000 accredited Healthcare Providers which include Clinics, Hospitals, Teaching Hospitals, Diagnostic Centres, Physiotherapy clinics, Dental and Optical Centres.
To get started, simply visit our website to purchase a health insurance plan. You can also contact us for more information via our website.